Legal practices are unique and need to be valued differently to other businesses. A thorough understanding of the mechanics of a practice as well as the market in which it operates is essential both to those acquiring or disposing of equity.
Edge works with law firms to assist with equity management and valuation issues in regard to:
- acquisition/sale of a firm
- transfer of ownership amongst partners/parties
- consolidation and restructuring of practices
We bring our unparalleled knowledge of the profession to legal practice valuations.
For insights see “Are Law Firms Valuable Businesses?” and “A Fresh Look at Law Firm Valuation”.
Our engagements will usually include all or some of the following:
- analysis of the true drivers of value in any transaction
- review of net assets and preparation of “normalized” balance sheets
- projections of profits or cash flows
- comparative analysis of different scenarios
- results of applying different valuation methodologies
- valuation report