Joel Barolsky, B.Com ,MBA, is a specialist adviser to managing partners,
boards, executive teams and practice group leaders on issues of
strategy, strategy implementation, culture, governance, organisation
design, remuneration and capability development.
Over the last 30 years, Joel has established himself as one of the top
consultants to professional service firms in Australia and New Zealand.
Joel writes a monthly opinion piece for the Australian Financial Review
Legal Affairs section. He is a Senior Fellow of the University of
Melbourne Law School where he teaches a subject, ‘Management for
Professional’ on the Masters of Law program. Joel is lead author of the
Australian edition of the Thompson Reuters Peer Monitor State of the
Legal Market Report. He is also the creator of the Price High or Low iOS
Prior to developing his own successful consulting practice from 2011
onwards and later joining Edge International, Joel was head of the
strategy practice of Beaton Research & Consulting for 16 years.
Much of Joel’s current practice has been in:
- crafting strategy for firms, practice groups and client relationship teams
- facilitating business critical meetings, retreats and workshops
- making keynote presentations at partner retreats and industry conferences
- conducting strategic reviews of practice groups and business support teams
- mapping organisation culture
- helping firms increase their yield from their key client programs
- reviewing governance and organisation design
- advising on pie-splitting and partner remuneration arrangements
- delivering high-impact training and development programs.
Joel resides in Melbourne, Australia.