Leon is a trusted international executive of 30 years’ experience noted for growing revenues and managing transformation projects for professional service firms in the management consulting and legal industries. As a consultant, he works principally within the Americas. He has worked extensively in Latin America and is fluent in Portuguese and Spanish.
Leon’s focus is to work with management teams of professional service firms on strategic and financial initiatives to promote growth, improve profitability and manage change. Areas of expertise include:
- building integration and increased collaboration through shared goals and appropriate compensation and incentive systems
- market assessments and mergers including due diligence, implementation, integration and change management
- business transformation and process improvement, including organizational structure, client development, financial management and alignment of support functions
- law firm profitability involving strategic financial management, restructuring, pricing and project management and client and matter profitability
- strategic, operational and quality reviews/audits, including client feedback sessions
Prior to joining Edge International, Leon spent 13 years in the role of Regional Operating Officer, Latin America for Baker McKenzie, a leading global law firm, and, before that, led the management consulting practice of KPMG in Brazil for 13 years. He is a graduate of Bristol University (U.K.) where he earned a B.Sc. in Economics & Accounting and is a FCA (Chartered Accountant) and CPA.